· Length 17' 9"
· Maximum beam 36"
· Beam waterline 32.5"
· Beam gunnel 36"
· Bow height 21"
· Centre depth 14.5"
· Draft 4"
· Displacement 420 lbs.
· Wetted surface 31.5 sq.ft.
· Weight to immerse 150 lb/in
· Prismatic coefficient 0.553
· Weight 55 to 60 lbs.
The Freedom line of canoes are built in high quality synthetic materials by Bluewater Canoes, Guelph, Ontario.
Steve Killing designed this big Freedom canoe for those who loved the feel of the 17, but simply needed to carry a bigger load. Whether it's more people, bigger people or more packs for an extended wilderness trip, they will fit. The length, beam and freeboard have been increased with only subtle changes to the hull shape. The resulting stability is high. With slightly more rocker than many modern canoes, the Freedom series has gained back the turning ability found in traditional canoe shapes, without sacrificing the speed of the modern hull.
"We haven't forgotten that canoes should look good and this is one of the prettiest canoes you'll find".
All our full size canoe plans include the following:
- Full-size drawings showing the profile, plan and section shape of the hull.
- Full size plans for the mold stations.
- Full size plans for stem molds.
- The booklet 'Building a Bear Mountain Style Canoe'
- WEST SYSTEM® technical manual