· Length 17'
· Maximum beam 30.7"
· Beam waterline 28.5"
· Beam gunnel 25"
· Bow height 16"
· Centre depth 11.25"
· Stern height 14"
· Draft 3"
· Displacement 244 lbs.
· Wetted surface 25.2 sq.ft.
· Weight to immerse 123 lb/in
· Weight 45 to 55 lbs.
For those beautiful days out for lunch on the river or an evening on the lake by yourself, this is the boat. This asymmetrical design (the forward sections are finer than those aft) can be paddled from a tractor style seat while switching sides every eight strokes or from a traditional seat with the boat heeled over. Over two and a half inches of tumblehome either side bring the gunnels in for comfortable paddling.
Designers comments: "The large tumblehome was designed into this boat for ease of paddling, but what it does to the appearance of the boat is dramatic. The narrow gunnel width emphasises the slim lines and the high section curvature near the waterline looks dramatic. And I think you will find this boat paddles even better than it looks."
All our full size canoe plans include the following:
- Full-size drawings showing the profile, plan and section shape of the hull.
- Full size plans for the mold stations.
- Full size plans for stem molds.
- The booklet 'Building a Bear Mountain Style Canoe'
- WEST SYSTEM® technical manual