. Length 16'
. Maximum beam 32.5"
. Beam w/l 29.5"
. Beam gunnel 31.5"
. Bow height 26"
. Centre Depth 13.5"
. Draft 4"
. Displacement 325 lbs.
. Wetted surface 24.5 sq.ft.
. Weight to immerse 94 lb/in
. Prismatic coefficient 0.557
. Keel-less or shoe keel
. Weight 45 to 55 lbs.
The Champlain High-ender, built by the Peterborough Canoe Company, was one of their most popular designs. Originally built in cedar/canvas, it appeared in their final catalogue of 1961. The Champlain Lowender, with less height in the ends, was built on the same mold. A good traditional style general purpose recreational canoe. Features a moderate displacement, soft bilge and moderate rocker - paddles well in the 'heeled over' position. Ideal for recreational paddling (solo or tandem) and light tripping.
All our full size canoe plans include the following:
- Full-size drawings showing the profile, plan and section shape of the hull.
- Full size plans for the mold stations.
- Full size plans for stem molds.
- The booklet 'Building a Bear Mountain Style Canoe'
- WEST SYSTEM® technical manual