· Length 15'9"
· Maximum beam 32.5"
· Beam waterline 30.25"
· Beam gunnel 31"
· Bow height 22"
· Centre Depth 13.5"
· Draft 4"
· Displacement 335 lbs.
· Wetted surface 25.5 sq.ft.
· Weight to immerse 121 lb/in.
· Prismatic coefficient 0.543
· Weight 45 to 55 lbs.
The lines for this canoe were taken from an original 'Huron' built in cedar/canvas by the Peterborough Canoe Company. It was a second grade model in a series of Cruiser canoes that measured from 16'x33" to 18'x37". "They have good carrying capacity while retaining a light draft, and are an easy paddling craft that can be handled well in rough or swift waters. The gunwale line is straighter in these models and is lowered at bow and stem, thus offering less wind resistance." The rounded bottom shape may reduce carrying capacity but the paddler may expect a quick and responsive craft." ...from the 1929 Peterborough Canoe Co. catalogue.
Two types of optional keels were offered; the shoe keel (1/2" thick x 1 3/4" wide) for added protection or a lake keel (7/8" thick x 3/4" wide tapered to 3/8") for a small increase in directional stability.
All our full size canoe plans include the following:
- Full-size drawings showing the profile, plan and section shape of the hull.
- Full size plans for the mold stations.
- Full size plans for stem molds.
- The booklet 'Building a Bear Mountain Style Canoe'
- WEST SYSTEM® technical manual