· Length 15'6.5"
· Maximum beam 35"
· Beam waterline 31.75"
· Bow height 20"
· Centre depth 13.5"
· Draft 4"
· Displacement 337 lbs.
· Wetted surface 22.85 sq.ft.
· Weight to immerse 132 lb/in
· Prismatic coefficient 0.525
· Weight 45 to 55 lbs.
The Canadian Canoe Company just north of Toronto spearheaded this project in 1997. They love traditional boats but wanted a midsize hull that had a little more capacity than the 15 footers.
This new design quite obviously borrows some of its heritage from the Prospector series but is graced with a little more tumblehome in the hull sides and less curvature in the sheer. We think it is even better looking that the boats you remember as a kid.
Don't let the cottage reference fool you, this boat is happy playing near the beach, on portages or off on a two week canoe trip. It planks up beautifully and will make you look like a professional.
All our full size canoe plans include the following:
- Full-size drawings showing the profile, plan and section shape of the hull.
- Full size plans for the mold stations.
- Full size plans for stem molds.
- The booklet 'Building a Bear Mountain Style Canoe'
- WEST SYSTEM® technical manual