· Length 15'
· Maximum beam 33.25"
· Beam waterline 33.4"
· Beam gunnel 34.3"
· Bow height 19.25"
· Centre depth 13.1"
· Draft 4.46"
· Displacement 400 lbs.
· Wetted surface 28.0 sq.ft.
· Weight to immerse 133 lb/in
· Prismatic coefficient 0.566
· Weight 45 to 50 lbs.
· Keel-less or shoe keel
· Stability factor 104
Like its sisterships, the Freedom 15 features an asymmetrical hull with a fine bow and slightly fuller stern. The mid section has mild tumblehome for comfortable solo paddling and good structural rigidity. A small canoe has an easier time turning corners and needs some design features to aid with straight-line tracking. To this end, the Freedom 15 has less rocker and deeper aft sections for effortless steering. The 35" beam gives it a stability factor of 104 which means it will give confidence to those on board, and yet be a pleasure to paddle. We see it on lakes, rivers, and portages being used for camping, day trips, fishing and just playing around.
All our full size canoe plans include the following:
- Full-size drawings showing the profile, plan and section shape of the hull.
- Full size plans for the mold stations.
- Full size plans for stem molds.
- The booklet 'Building a Bear Mountain Style Canoe'
- WEST SYSTEM® technical manual